Terms and Conditions
Eyelegance Optometrists Inc. (hereinafter “Eyelegance”) is obliged to comply with the relevant legislation in South Africa governing the sale and dispensing of healthcare products including, but not limited to, prescription glasses, contact lenses, sunglasses, accessories, and related products (hereinafter referred to as “Products”).
These terms and conditions applies to both Products purchased online on our website, or in any of our practices.
Manufacturer’s warranties on sunglasses vary from brand to brand. The warranty we offer on our frames and lenses are in accordance with each brand’s specifications and is carried by the authorised distributors of the respective brands in South Africa.
Should you decide to use your own frame (either purchased from us before and not at the time of purchasing new lenses, or purchased elsewhere), even though we do our utmost best to take care of all items handled, Eyelegance will not be responsible for any damage to/loss of patient frames handled (whether it is to fit new lenses or whether it is to attempt repairs such as nose pad or screw replacements).
- If we have made an error and sent you the wrong Product or prescription, you may return the Product at Eyelegance’s reasonable cost for a full refund. Should you not be satisfied with the prescription, Eyelegance will remake the lenses at no additional cost to you.
- Defective Products will be exchanged or repaired in accordance with the authorised distributor’s guidelines, as described under the “Warranty” section above.
- The return of non-defective goods, due to a “change of heart”, is at the discretion of the management of Eyelegance.
- Eyelegance is not obliged under any circumstances to take such Products back or provide a refund.
- This includes frames and sunglasses, which you have tried on, and were satisfied with the comfortability of such frames or sunglasses. Should you later decide that you are not satisfied with it anymore, this will be seen as a “change of heart” and fall under this section of our policy.
- Should management agree to a refund in this instance, it reserves the right to provide a credit against future purchases rather than a cash refund.
- Damaged Products may not be returned. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Products are in good order and undamaged when you collect it from Eyelegance and/or when it is delivered to you. Should the Products be damaged at the time of collection or delivery, you should not take receipt of the Products and indicate it to the frontliner and/or delivery agent.
- The rights granted under this clause are in addition to the rights you have under consumer protection legislation applicable to your purchase.
- You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. Between the date of your receipt of the Products and the date the product is returned to Eyelegance, you shall bear all risk in keeping the Products safe, secure, and free from loss or damage. In the case of goods returned under your refund right, these must be returned undamaged, unused and in its original packaging to qualify for a full refund.
- We reserve the right to proportionately reduce the amount of the refund if only some of the original quantity of Products is returned, if some of the Products have been used or if the Products are not in their original packaging.
Deposits and collections
A deposit will be required (as stated at the time of quotation) before Eyelegance will commence with the manufacturing of a patient’s lenses.
Once we have manufactured and fitted a patient’s lenses, the patient has to collect his/her glasses within a period of 6 months from the date notified in writing by Eyelegance that the glasses are ready for collection. Should the patient not collect his/her glasses within the 6 months period, the patient will forfeit his/her deposit paid and the deposit will be used by Eyelegance to cover manufacturing costs as well as handling and storage costs of the order. The patient will, after the 6 months period have lapsed, not be entitled to a refund of the deposit or the glasses ordered.